SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coldfusion Books

Folks, I would like to get your opinions on which books you find well written and useful when you learn coldfusion. I used to own a Ben Forta's "CF MX7 Application development" and liked it very much. I thought it was very well written, and covered the areas needed to get you up to speed in developing CF apps. Unfortunately, I no longer have the book (yeah, thats what happens when you let unreliable people borrow your stuff ). I am strongly considering repurchasing this book. Should I do so or maybe try the CF 8 version instead? The latter has 2 volumes; thus, it is costlier.

Any opinions and advice is welcome.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything Ben Forta I've always found well written, and given his history and connection with the company, you'd be hard pressed to find a better source for your information.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the cf8 web application construction kit actually has 3 volumes. I have 1 and 2 and they've helped me a lot. I also find that referring to blogs and being part of a user group is invaluable. Never used any other books and to answer your question, yeh, I'd say you wouldn't go far wrong with those books

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always liked Forta's developer study guides. They cover most of what you need in one small book and prepare you for certification.