SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that's true - I was having a bit of a moan - I'm in a better mood now - I was in fact talking more of Flash and Dreamweaver but you can follow them, apart as you say from major changes. It's a bit annoying - it's usually a matter of things being in different menus or sub menus or being called slightly different things.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CS2 is best...

--------------------

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on the fence until I read this post. For years I used Paint Shop Pro because it was what I could afford when I started out-I think it was $129. I used SwishMax for flash and Xara for vectors, each purchased over time. None of my clients ever knew the difference. Then, late 2007 I took the plunge and purchased CS3 Web Premium and felt really good about it, spent a month getting used to it and about a year getting under the hood and really enjoying all of the features. When I heard CS4 I was immediately sickened. Part of me felt like I had to upgrade but another part of me felt peeved because of the money I've already invested including classes, books, etc. - and you KNOW that shortly we will be bombarded by the 'CS4' books, tutorials and classes. I probably would have upgraded out of guilt because I would like to feel like I'm using the most premier tools for my clients' projects, and then there's the 'what am I missing out on?' lingering in the background but you know what? I'm going to pass. I'll do like a previous poster and upgrade on CS5 which they are probably already working on. I can't see taking the financial hit myself, and won't pass the cost onto clients in this economy especially if I wouldn't be able to much to what I am already doing for them and I haven't yet read one thing that convinces me that I will be able to gain more clients by using it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to check out the new CS4 features in Dreamweaver & Photoshop. I will definitely be checking these out.
    Alex Stanford @alexstanford tumblog about.me in fb G+ K
    TechTalkin The Premier Community for Technology Enthusiasts and Professionals
    Full Ambit Media Zero Sacrifice Web Design & Development; Made in the USA @fullambit in fb G+ K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    adobe photoshop is the coolest piece of software for graphic designers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, I still learning my CS3 now come the new one?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What, they're releasing CS4? I just had my CS3 last June! I think I'll just stick to CS3 for now, still have to work on it.
    But knowing this makes me think what's new?