SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Noob needs help with Javascript.

Hey Ya'll, I am new to the web development business, but I have found you are the best site for information that is current and relevant. There are lots of books that are not concerned with keeping the three parts of the web world separate even thought this just makes sense. Thanks to the hard work of your authors I have gotten a pretty good handle on HTML (Beaird's Priciples of Beautiful Web Design)and CSS (Andrew's Designing Without Tables and The CSS Anthology) but I am struggling with Javascripting. I have really studied Simply Javascript by Yank and Adams but I am really feeling my age with this one. Are there any web based classes available in Webinar type schemes that I could pay for to help get my head around scripting. I have several sites that I would like to employ rollovers and other Javascripting functions on but I can't seem to understand it well enough to start. I have Dreamweaver and Flash but I would like to do this without using the software as the code seems bloated to me, but maybe not. Thanks for all yall do. You people are the best.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have yet to watch the beginner movies, but the advanced ones are quit thorough. Therefore, I would only assume the beginner movies are that much more in-depth.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/111593/1710507

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks much Oddz these look very informative. I got throught the first three kind of as a review. I look forward to the rest of them.