SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest AJAX, Flickr API application, could use feedback!

I've had an idea for some time to automate a process of grabbing several Flickr photos at a time for both backing up and for transferring purposes. Flickr only allows downloads one at a time. So I started a project that was pretty fun and decided to make it public and allow registration.

I need help in ironing out the core functionality / work flow / usability. So I'm asking everyone here to feel free to register during this pre-alpha stage and send me all your feedback.

Right now you can grab photos from Flickr, then have my application zip them up into an archive file and download them. Phase two will allow you to sign into your Flickr account and chose to transfer them directly from one account to another. Of course you can only search public domain photographs and eventually i will post in an obviuos way what the licensing is for each photo.

Anyway, take a look and play with it, send all comments to joe@seemecreate.com

Here is the url: Fuisti
    http://www.nicora.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is simply awesome! I've got to congratulate you on the stunning interface too!

One tiny UI adjustment would be good though - When I do an image search it would be great if I could drag the images into the queue instead of having to click that button. Also, it would be good if I could enlarge images when clicking on them - maybe like a lightbox modal window could popup with the enlarged version of the image in. Also, what do I have to do to download all images in one single ZIP folder - I tried it but it only downloaded one image in a ZIP directory..?

But seriously, this is an amazing service! I've bookmarked and will definitely be using it again...
    James Padolsey
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末
    Awesome JavaScript Zoomer (demo here)
    'Ajaxy' - Ajax integration solution (demo here)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the comments!

drag and drop functionality is now implemented, you can use the icon still too. as far as getting multiple items archived. after filling the queue with the items you want, click the "start queue" icon in the toolbar and wait for it to finish, once that is done you can create the archive.

keep the comments coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still looking for feedback/comments/complaints

!!

Thanks in advance