SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Do I Get My Rss Feed

IM lost on this rss feed stuff.. i have 3 sites... how do i access, create, or whatever with my rss ...i know rss submitters are a good source of traffic..so im trying to submit my rss feeds to rss feed sites..but alwasy get errors

my first site
    hip hop rumors gossip new music site which is updated every other day...everythinghiphop.ning dot com to view...if you do visit my site ..sure you dont have to ..but i do i have my rss feed.. on this site it has a widget for rss ...i activated it so at the bottom is see updates ...which is good..rss is active..but how do i grab my link or url to submit it to rss feed website?

2nd site. which i personally own the domain name to
    resource type website..will be update often..but prob not everyday...officialmixtapetutorials dot com..how would i get this rss feed ?

and last .....is my blog..... ohhellnodotcom dot blogspot dot com.....
    how do i active a rss feed for a blog..please help me somone

i understand the concept of RSS ...but cant get it to wokr with me..i added my hip hop RSS to google..so i go in google and i see updates and all this...tried to copy url and submit that to rss feeders. gives me errors..

i posted my links so whoever reads this and wants to help and look at my site...no promoting nothing...i got visitors already..just help me with my RSS please if anyone gets a chance..this is killing me!!!!!!!!!

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    RSS feeds are XML files. Unless you want to hard code them (very doubtful), you need a way to grab information (i.e. from database) and output an RSS file with the data in the appropriate tags. The URL for your first site is
    http://everythinghiphop.ning.com/profiles/blog/feed?promoted=1&xn_auth=no&key=99ea332a6d16bef6f3333e3d80b9f5f5
    the key value looks a bit funky, but AFAIK, thats what you should use in your feedreader etc.

For the other 2 sites, I suggest you find some kind of plugin/widget/application that can periodically get the info and output it as RSS feeds, unless you're good at writing your own code.

BTW, the link in your sig is missing the "hop".

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok..so that EHH URL that you posted in your reply..thats what i should submit to the RSS FEEDER websites?? ok got that..ima start tryin with that...

and as for the other sites.....i can jsut use software/app/ or widget to grab info and out put as rss feed?..thats cool.. ima research that...

but...using that ap or software..will it give me a url..that i will be able to submit to the rss feeders?
    thanks for the info and helping out...and thanks for the signature messup..ima fix that now