SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does this site have a 0 Pagerank?

I'm just really curious about this one with all the .edu and .gov links I can't figure out why the pagerank isn't better.
    P.S. I'm using firefox with the SEO add on to see this info. Can anyone explain this?
    #
    The Sources of Energy | Union of Concerned Scientists
    Renewable energy offers us a better way. Some energy sources are "renewable" ... Moreover, renewable energy sources have much smaller environmental impacts ...
    http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_energy/c...of-energy.html - 25k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    #4 | PR: - | Google Cache Date: - | Age: 11-1996 | del.icio.us: - | Y! Links: 181,000 | Y! .edu Links: 6,490 | Y! .gov Links: 568 | Y! Page Links: ? | Y! .edu Page Links: ? | Technorati: ? | Alexa: ? | Compete.com Rank: ? | Compete.com Uniques: ? | Trends | Cached: ? | dmoz: ? | Bloglines: ? | dir.yahoo.com: ? | Botw: ? | Whois

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .edu and .gov do not hold greater backlink value than say .com and .net, this is just a myth

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy hooperman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, PR is calculated at page level so it's the links to that page and the PR they confer that count.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are looking at the page rank of a page within the site, so its possible a lot many sites have better content and thus this page really doesn't add much value.
    The site itself (homepage I mean) has a page rank of 7 -- but that doesn't mean each page within the site would have a PR of 7, there could be more examples of varying PR on this site.
    Nothing alarming or surprising here.. just normal algorithm to treat each page on merit

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by domainregistrar View Post
    You are looking at the page rank of a page within the site, so its possible a lot many sites have better content and thus this page really doesn't add much value.
    The site itself (homepage I mean) has a page rank of 7 -- but that doesn't mean each page within the site would have a PR of 7, there could be more examples of varying PR on this site.
    Nothing alarming or surprising here.. just normal algorithm to treat each page on merit

Right, just keep working on your website you will get good page rank.

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another perspective on this might who cares what the PR is since it has little to do with how well you rank.
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep forgetting that the PAGES are ranked and not the whole site. I also hear you about pr not being relevant but I'm not convinced. Can you provide an explanation or example?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually if all tthe links are pointing to that page and the website is 12 years old'''well you have a point there. It should have a higher PR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PR is not depend on domian older it is depend on how active your back link is.