SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

squeezepage vs blog for new membership site

Hello,

I need some help in the process of creating my own membership site and I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to get members onboard and income coming in.

I have seen a few different business models and sales funnels and am trying to synthesize a good one for myself..

My question is this: should I

a) setup a landing/squeezepage going to a free content area and then upsell via email eg (andrewanddaryl.com)?

b) setup a blog site with good free content and links to my paid program (http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/)?

I'm thinking a blog is more likely to get linked and regular visits, but a sales/squeeze page is more direct and likely to get opt-ins and less distraction from the sale.

which would be a better way to get more paying subscribers quickly?

Really keen to hear your thoughts

Cheers

Paul / drifta
    The 'Easy Computer Coach' - visit my site
    for basic computer tutorials and advice;
    http://www.easycomputercoach.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably can't be successful with just the blog model these days. If you have to pick, go for the squeeze page. That's the best way to get affiliates involved and set up a very clear sales funnel from advertisements.

But I recommend the copyblogger model. Brian Clark writes the copyblogger blog and also runs Teaching Sells, which is a squeeze page. Check out the way he integrates the two.
    I write about making and promoting websites
    worth caring about at my web strategy blog.

@joshklein on Twitter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JNKlein View Post
    You probably can't be successful with just the blog model these days. If you have to pick, go for the squeeze page. That's the best way to get affiliates involved and set up a very clear sales funnel from advertisements.

But I recommend the copyblogger model. Brian Clark writes the copyblogger blog and also runs Teaching Sells, which is a squeeze page. Check out the way he integrates the two.
    Hey, thanks for the tip..

I had a look at the copyblogger website and couldnt see any logical reference to his teaching sells course.. perhaps I wasnt looking in the right spot, but there was no clear path to buy anything directly from brian..

I read copyblogger on a semi-regular basis, and didnt realise he was actually selling anything.. Personally I'd prefer to have some sort of visible product that people can buy and a logical progression to it, but I was originally thinking perhaps I should just start with building as big list as possible..

my dilemma

a blog is good for free content and people coming back and people linking to it, but it may not get as many email signups as a squeezepage

David Deangelo seems to use squeezepages for particular adverts, but his homepage is not a squeezepage..

ari galper's website is sort-of like a squeezepage.. the big thing is the free 10 part course, once you are in the course you get regular email updates with content.. perhaps this is a good model to go with..

im just trying to build the biggest list possible, not sure which way to go.. i mean if i have a squeezepage, would people still refer their friends?

cheers

Paul / drifta
    The 'Easy Computer Coach' - visit my site
    for basic computer tutorials and advice;
    http://www.easycomputercoach.com

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, being that most people do not like squeeze pages, and many give a fake e-mail address to get in, why even do it?

Your goal is to get as many visitors as you can, right?

David Deangelo does use a squeeze page. Or, rather, he is now experimenting with another page that isn't, but he still uses one.

The guy isn't very smart.