SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does "Automaticaly Submitting Programs" Hurt your site SEO?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,It does.

3 33.33%
  • No,It Doesn't "none expirment"

3 33.33%
  • No,It doesn't "Expirmented Before"

3 33.33%
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Submit Your Site Automaticaly To Major Web Directories

"Submit Your Site Automaticaly To Major Web Directories"
    This word you listen to whenever you surfed the WWW but I heared that these programs hurts you site SEO....

*--*BUT Do you agree with me?
    *-*If you agree please share your expirment.....

*--*And if you don't tell us why??? So we all get use!!

Please feel free to share your knowledge

A Holistic SEO Approach
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DMOZ is the only directory that I use.

SitePoint Zealot LucianoFigallo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only found that your site SEO maybe hurt when you submit to too many directories at once...do not use those automatic submissions to hundreds of search engines or do not submit manually to hundreds of search engines in a short period of time...I've read here that 20 directories daily could be safe...I think that no more than 50 to start and then 20 daily is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    manual submission is the best way for instant traffic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can hurt your site cause many web directory prohibits spammers that's why they have captcha in avoidance to automatic directory submitter applications.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got benefit from directory submission i am on top in one of my IMP keyword

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amar_001 View Post
    I got benefit from directory submission i am on top in one of my IMP keyword
    Then you must have used manual submission as automatic submission will not help at all.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer manual submission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not agree that Automatic submission hurts the site or lead to some sort of BAN on the site.

However Automatic submission will not work in good directories because of the following reasons. So it is pointless to do the Automated submission. When I started my career as SEO I bought Dynamic Web Submission for $500 which claims to automatically post to 1000's of directories. I had used it and tested about 5 sites but not able to get a single good inclusion.

I then did a lot of trial and error experiments with IBP etc. But nothing works.

These are the reasons why an Automated submitter will never work.

CAPTCHA (IMAGE Identification) Almost all the directories will ask you to identify the characters in the randomly generated image while you do the submissions. This is possible only in manual submission.

Different categories Some directories have as less as 25 categories while others have more 3000 + categories. The category names are not consistent across the directories. Manual submission is needed to submit the web site in the right category.

Different types of form input. Some directories will ask for very few details while others may require much more details like having an user account to do the submissions. Providing appropriate data according to the directories is possible only by manual submissions.

Confirmation Most of the directories need a confirmation by which you have to manually click a verification link sent to the email and confirm that the submissions are done manually.

No automated software or service can take into account the above features of directories while submitting the web sites. The fact is most of the directories do a manual review on the submissions and will find out the automated submissions sooner or later and block them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also Go with the Manually Submission. I think manually Submission Accurate than the Automated Submission

SitePoint Member onemilliondollar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you submit to hundreds of directory in a short time, the big G will penalize your site. Do it slow and do it manually is the best. By manual submission, you are actually submit your site to better quality directory. Using an auto submission sometime you have no idea where your submission goes.
    Well done is better than well said.
    Get More Buyers | COPEAC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Automated submissions can easily detect by directories with the use of captcha or image identification.
    Since 15-20 directories a day would be enough to tell search engines about your site, I'll go to manual submission.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Thanks all for your great replies....I really got useful info so keep the good work and feel free to help anybody.

At the end we all agree that automaticaly submissions programs doesn't work well and may effect in our sites SEO thanks again and give us your new info..