SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to kick-start my web site by using php as installed on my server in conjunction with Hughes mSQL. I have uploaded a couple of php3 files from tutorials, and they don't seem to work. I get a blank screen. (Its only Hello world stuff, so the coding shouldn't be the problem). My support service has told me to copy the sample files installed at main0.ezpublishing.com/manual/php/, but here's the problem...you can't! Even right-click,"save as" produces the php /output/ not the actual script! How can I see the files! (Server system consists of Linux/Apache/PHP-FI-2/mSQL

Gong!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean you want to see the PHP sourcecode?

Usually PHP sourcecode is defined by the .phps-ending - because if they are .php the server handles them as a php scripts and it will show the output that the script creates.

Perhaps that is the problem, solution is to send some email to persons responsible for providing that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow this then, The host supplies a sample tarball of scripts, which you can suck accross to my virtual server with LYNX. Unzip it, click on a php3 file and.... nothing! Turns out the manual and samples are on one server, virtual hosting is on another (non-php enabled) server. DOH! Still, give them their due, they're relocating me within a different server, and their support has been rapid and helpful. (Once we all realised what the problem was)