SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

404's in custom error log (database) - REQUEST_URI contains "/none" at the end.

Hi,

Today I launched a new version of my site.

I always use to keep track of all the dead links on my site in a table in the database, I basically just fire a query when a 404 occurs. (REQUEST_URI, DATE, REFERER and IP)

Today, after launching thenew version, I discovered that my "broken_links" table got over 4K inserts in about 3 hours, and almost all of them are because the fact that the REQUEST_URI contains "/none" at the end.

For example:

http://www.mysite.com/en/directory/sub-directory/none

I went through the whole site, done a search for "none" on all HTML (generated from PHP), JavaScript includes etc, but could not find anything that could have caused it.

The only big difference with the new site and the old site, is the implementation of Prototype, Scryptaculous and HighSlide, as well as a couple of other small JS includes.

Also checked all those files and couldn't find anything. Besides, the whole site seems to work well, it's like something "under water" does it.

Anyone got an idea? Or perhaps a solution?

Thank's for your help,

Giorgio
    Interested in playing poker for free? Visit www.PokerForFree.org!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you take a look at the full access log to see where those requests for /none are coming from? Perhaps a bot of some sort, possible the same one over and over

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It happens also when someone visits the site.

I am 100% sure that there are no dead links on it.

For the time being I check the REQUEST_URI and redirect it if it contains "none".

Still no clue what's causing it.
    Interested in playing poker for free? Visit www.PokerForFree.org!