SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ruby Programming Exercises

Are there any sites that have an extensive resource of ruby exercises for beginning/intermediate level learning? I'm not referring to rails, but ruby programming in general. I'm currently reading The Ruby Programming Langauge and the book doesn't do much on the side of providing practical examples and exercises. More so just a dense theory read. Which is good, but at the same time I would like to begin getting my feet wet some building some things just to become more familiar with the language and such. Anyone know of any such resources? Furthermore, I know all about the ruby site and the free books online, but I'm looking more for development briefs to test my progress rather than another book.

l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you mentioned that you didn't want another book, so I'll mention another book:

http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fr_qu...t-of-ruby-quiz

Haven't read it personally (though Pragmatic Programmers are usually pretty good). But yeah, more broadly you might want to look into the same sort of "Ruby quiz" concept, book or not. They're usually relatively quick, short, teach a specific task or skill, and pretty easy to digest overall. If you're not sure about getting another book, take a look at Ruby Quiz, a site aimed towards the same sort of thing but online.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Practical Ruby Projects by Topher Cyll is another option, though aimed more at the more advanced user. Interesting stuff in it.