SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What options do i have?

Hi,

I have a galleries page in the CMS am developing that looks like the above. This section of the page allows the admin to upload multiple pictures taken by a photographer. On clicking the 'edit' button on any thumbnail - whether a blank or already uploaded pic thumbnail, the custom pop-up window is seen. Which allows you to upload a thumbnail image with its corresponding large size.

On save from the pop-up window, images are uploaded and the thumbnail from which the edit button was clicked is replaced with the thumbnail of the uploaded image.

Am just wondering how i can go about coding this. I want to use AJAX + PHP since i dont want the whole page to reload on uploads. Do i need to use a javascript library like Dojo/JQuery to simplify things?

For the custom pop-up window - should that be a styled DIV with all input file element that gets since onclick of Edit button?

Am very new to AJAX - though i understand the concept. Please help is needed on how i can tackle this. Thanks
    Last edited by dele454; Sep 2, 2008 at 22:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any help out there??