SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilverStripe CMS

Wondering if anyone has used SilverStripe CMS before and if so, did you like it or dislike it?

I came across it for the first time while looking over the list of "
    2008 Open Source CMS Award Finalists".

Also noticed on opensourceCMS.com, that they have a writeup about SilverStripe being used for the Democratic National Convention website. (Politics aside, just using it as a reference to the amount of traffic it can handle).

I run a major website in my area that currently has been running on Joomla for the last year, it works but there are some issues I run into day to day or have to work around.

So I'm researching/rethinking our Joomla selection... Drupal and Modx are also on the table... but I was impressed with my first trail of the SilverStripe demo.

So anyone have any experience with SilverStripe they care to share?

Thanks.
    -Jeremy

SitePoint Enthusiast thechronic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also like to hear some experiences with Silverstripe. I was impressed with the video on the site, and am now trying out the demo at opensourcecms.

But is it flexible to work with? I will need to convert a bunch of existing sites, preferably with no visible difference in the layout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a look at it but foud the demo so slow I wasn't impressed (maybe to do with opensourcecms though!) so I'm sticking to WebsiteBaker.

Konrad

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konrad, et al: The official demo is at demo.silverstripe.com - you're better off using that.

You may also just wish to watch a silent replay of the demo being used, at:
    www.silverstripe.org/assets/video/cms.html

Then to understand the development philosophy view:
    www.silverstripe.org/assets/video/dev.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyfoster View Post
    Wondering if anyone has used SilverStripe CMS before and if so, did you like it or dislike it?

I came across it for the first time while looking over the list of "
    2008 Open Source CMS Award Finalists".

Also noticed on opensourceCMS.com, that they have a writeup about SilverStripe being used for the Democratic National Convention website. (Politics aside, just using it as a reference to the amount of traffic it can handle).

I run a major website in my area that currently has been running on Joomla for the last year, it works but there are some issues I run into day to day or have to work around.

So I'm researching/rethinking our Joomla selection... Drupal and Modx are also on the table... but I was impressed with my first trail of the SilverStripe demo.

So anyone have any experience with SilverStripe they care to share?

Thanks.
    I've not used SilverStripe in a production environment, but have played on a test box - I kinda like its admin section, not 100% of the templating system, the jury out on this right now.
    Putting the web to work for You.
    http://www.ebbswebs.com/