SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love photography. I have a Nikon D2H. I am just a hobbyist, but I really enjoy photography. It's just a fun hobby for me.

I enjoy capturing memories and I guess I'm good at it because I always have people asking me to shoot for them. I like to take pictures of the places that I go. Photography is definitely a great hobby to get into. And you'll get good. Just read some tips on the internet, but mostly, take pictures. The more you take, the better you get at seeing scenes.

Before long, you will be able to see everything as if you are taking a picture. You will see a swing set and know exactly what settings you would set on your camera to achieve the perfect exposure and shot. It becomes natural after a while and for me it's so fun to picture pictures in my head and then come back later with my camera and shoot them and have them turned out as I pictured.

I guess it's also because I can't sing, I can't play any instruments (well I can play a little piano on the VERY basic level), and I can't paint, so photography is my only artistic side. And photography links in closely with computers.
    My Blog
    My Photography Website
    Linux user #339185

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been a photographer for over 5 years now and have done over a dozen weddings, but I love photography because you can capture a moment in time that is timeless and framed just the way you want it. You can interpret how you see the world with your photos and it's a lot of fun.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riverbirch View Post
    sony cybershot
    I like Sony too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally love to capture the world around me as a diary of where I have been and what I have seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love photography for all of the reasons you stated. and also because that I would like to look more than once on the scenery,place or thing. Love to keep how it look liked the moment I saw it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why i love taking Pictures, I'm happy with the Results. It's a memory that you can treasure forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been taking photos for about two-thirds of my life. Why do I enjoy it so? I guess partly because it gives you a more accurate visual record of events than your memory, but because some photographs move me.

Of course, it's not only the end result that's worthwhile, but also the pursuit of photographs that can be a catalyst to so much more.

For example, I probably never would have taken up trekking if it wasn't for photography which means I would have missed out on some amazing experiences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love photography because its an art of saving special moments..

SitePoint Enthusiast tokyobabydoll's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a story captured in a single frame. I like how a photo can evoke different emotions.
    Debt Consolidation Information
    Get the best advices that will rescue you from bankruptcy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love taking pictures! I always have a camera with me just in case I found something worth taking a picture for. I take photos to capture or to preserve the moments or memories. Taking pictures is not only fun but also a rewarding feeling every time I took a very nice or amazing photo.
    I love this Handy Shop!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is such an interesting question, can't help replying . I love to do photography because this is such a great way of cherishing memorable moments again & again. I go crazy shooting when my nephew was born till now when he turned 4 , so its hobby, pleasure, art & vocation all in one for me !!
    Last edited by William Pierre; Nov 17, 2008 at 01:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rblakney View Post
    I love photography because I can't draw or paint...
    Haha best answer. I'm with Rblakney!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, really interesting question...

but when I'm going to the mountains and take my camera, lenses and tripod together with other stuff and everybody calls me crazy, but I'm happy when I'm in the highest point of mountain or in the wood and I can setup tripod to make some shots

I don't know why, but I'm really happy when I see some great photos from the travel.