User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preloader after project completion

Hi

I have recently completed a free learning language program in flash, it works well and everything, but then being an amateur in flash, I forgot to make a preloader. Now, I know how to make a preloader, but how do I make space on the first frame on the timeline so that I can put the actionscript there? I tried selecting all the artwork, etc and moving them forward one frame, it doesn't work!! If I do that, the program doesn't work. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    Thanking All for their time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have references to frame numbers instead of frame labels moving everything one frame ahead will mess everything up.

A solution would be to create another scene for the preloader only and when it finishes loading you continue with your second/current scene.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Krityx
    Thanks for your reply.

I have given frame labels instead of frame numbers and its strange the whole unit doesn't wanna move ahead one frame.
    Anyway, as you mentioned, I can create another scene for the preloader, but how to bring the two scenes together? I mean, if a seperate scene is created for just the preloader, I need to integrate that into the current .fla. Or did you mean something else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you make the scene into the same .fla . just go to insert-scene.
    then to communicate between the two scenes you can use gotoAndPlay or gotoAndStop.

Code:
    gotoAndPlay("sceneTwo", 1); //this will play the first frame of the second scene.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to create a new scene just for the preloader and used goandplay but it doesn't work, it just shows a blank screen before it loads the swf as if the preloader(scene1) is not there at all.
    But than shouldn't I be able to move the whole thing one frame to the right(to create space for a preloader) because I have used frame labels, so the reference will still be in place because the whole unit is being moved at the same time?

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your time krityx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if you used frame labels you should be able (at least theoretically) to move everthing 1 frame ahead. Just click anywhere in the timeline , press ctrl+a to select everthing then just drag and drop it one frame ahead and see if it still works.