User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Web Developer seeking opportunities

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right forum or even if this kind of things is allowed here, but bear in mind that I'm not self-advertising myself (well, kind of) but rather I'm looking for new opportunities (see it from another angle).

Moderators, if you feel this doesn't belong here, feel free to remove or move, even though you would make me sad

I'm a experienced web developer looking for new horizons. I want to expand my portfolio and work with great people creating great stuff.

I don't have a portfolio yet and not much to show, other than a recent published project of mine at http://datatransp.com.br, a Plone 3 portal with custom theme and e-commerce functionality.

In the last 4 years I have mainly worked on intranet projects for local companies here in Brazil and freelance (contract) work.

I've been studying and practicing Rails and Ruby for the last 1 year and a half or so. I have built some cool prototypes and dug into the core of the framework, learned about Ruby (meta)programming model, its philosophy, metaprogramming (modules, monkey-patching etc), and Rails plugins, generators for agile development.

Another passion of mine is the flash platform. I have worked on it for almost 2 years, until Player 9 came out. Don't have much experience on Player 9, AS3 and Flex though.

I'm also obsessed about web standards. Semantic HTML for structure, CSS for styling and layout, and unobstrusive JS for behaviour. I'm also pragmatic and know when to break these rules, if needed.

If you have any interest, PM me, I'm mainly looking for full-time positions and I'm able to travel anywhere in the world at this point of my life and commit to a certain startup company for example, but other proposals are welcome too!

I'm brazilian but I do speak English fluently, and of course, Portuguese!

Thanks for your time,

Marcelo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep things short, people will hire .

Busy professionals don't have time to read paragraphs m8

Checkout scriptlance.com

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Marcelo. Have you given the SitePoint Marketplace a try?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys, I appreciate your insights.

@rooselvt: Yeah, you are probably right, but some background history can add some value sometimes. Thanks for the scriptlance.com suggestion, really great place for making new contacts.
    @Dan Schulz: Thanks for the suggestion! This seems to be a great place to grow my freelancing networking and eventually grow my portfolio.

Cheers,

Marcelo.
    Last edited by FFighter; Aug 24, 2008 at 19:58.