SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

You Bet Your Life...Really lerxtjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with Article Dashboard?

A client of mine uses the automated process of Article Dashboard where she pays a monthly fee for their system to send her filtered articles which in turn automatically post to a website (I guess technically it would be an article directory for viewers to read targeted article on her topic) they setup for her. The filter isn't filtering correctly and she can't get any calls returned.

Great little site where she does virtually nothing, gets new content added frequently, and gets a few hundred in adsense revenue a month. Do you also use Article Dashboard and share the same problems or did you and you've now switched to something else?

Please let me know if you switched and what you switched to.

Thanks in advance.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would enjoy having a topic like this in sitepoint, to discuss Article Dashboard. I've played with the software many times but have just recently decided to use it for a free corp/business PR and white paper release site.

The article dashboard forums seem to be permanently down and help information is thin, out on the web that is. The documentation for this software is also written as if they only had 20 minutes on a lunch break to write it. As for no call backs... they haven't fixed their forums in weeks, so I'd expect they must have lost interest in their freeware project. The core software hasn't been improved, modified or even bug fixed in nearly 2 years so don't expect the situation to change any.

There's really only 2 choices of "other" software out there. Article Friendly and ArticleMS, the later seeming to be about the same as dashboard in support and attention. I'd say the only decent option for a switch is Article Friendly at $100 or so. I opted to go with dashboard simply because there's so many article automation programs set up to submit to it. AF is gaining a foothold in the AD world though. Another option would be to create a membership model in Joomla or Wordpress to offer a way for authors to post and also automate content through RSS. Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers
    Steven

PS... Long time reader, first time posting :P

You Bet Your Life...Really lerxtjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd expect they must have lost interest
    That's what I suspect too and have heard a few times from other in the biz. I wish I knew more about the inside of how it works though. Seems like they have a good system that still works. And, no one has truly duplicated what they offer. That's kind of odd. Usually something that "works" is jumped all over.

I'll give Article Friendly a whirl, thanks.