SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website Publisher (ArticlesLive) or Article Manager

I'm looking for a sophisticated Articles Managment System, and any price in the $XXX range is fine. I've pretty much narrowed it down to Intersprire's Website Publisher (formerly ArticlesLive) and InteractiveTools' Article Manager.

Can anyone offer their opinions on these products and the companies and support behind them?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Interspire products before - they're good, easy to use and modify, and the support has always been timely and helpfull.

Have you also looked at Expression Engine?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
    I've used Interspire products before - they're good, easy to use and modify, and the support has always been timely and helpfull.

Have you also looked at Expression Engine?
    Yes, I've had a couple sites built on EE. It's very powerful. But there are some things that bug me about it. But the issue here is that I am not a designer or developer and would like to be able to do more of the stuff myself, out of the box, than I could with EE. The whole article flow issue is important in this project, and something really built for articles primarily is better. Plus, having outside authors use the EE article entry would be a bit confusing for some.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Article Live and think it's a great article publishing system, but I think both companies are solid companies with good products and you'll really need to list and compare the features of both systems to see which will work best for you.

Also take a look at the pricing they both offer, because I know Interspire offers nice discounts on additional licenses if you think you might be using the script for other sites in the future.

Steve