User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inserting into database from a form

hi

this has been a long running problem for me.

i can get info out of the database via a form but i cant get anything into it via a form!(help) ... im running it as local host and ive even copied code direct from a cd book and even that dont work ....

im running win 98 ... could it be something to do with setting access permissions to the db ...i start mysql by navigating to it through explorer then clicking on an exe. ...mysql then starts up but i never get asked for any passwords .

as the code has been directly copied from a cd and all other queries work ok ..im sure its not the code.

any ideas what it could be.

ive just discovered i dont have a user set up for the db! could this be my prob .... how do i set up a user?

cheers chris
    Last edited by chrissss; Apr 14, 2002 at 06:18.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When MySQL is installed, a default user called 'root' is created. No password is needed to use 'root'.
    As long as you can fetch data out of the database - and you did not tinker around in MySQL - , you should be safe as far as your users are concerned.
    Why don't you post the code your are using to enter data into the database via a form. We might be able to help you a bit more .