SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why you should also read Blogs that are Different from your Blog Niche

The title seems to be confusing but you read it right, we should also sometimes read blogs that do not really interest us. As an Entrecard member, I cannot help but drop by on different kinds of blogs from serious to funny, from realistic to fantasy, and others. But as I go along, there are bloggers who caught my attention and even subscribe to them. By doing this, I found some advantages which I want to share with you.

You can learn different strategies

Blogging about things that are not similar as yours has a different approach, but it does not mean it cannot be applicable to you. Sometimes, we wonder how they can attract readers when their topic does not look interesting. This is because they have mastered the art of self-advertising. You can also get other blogging resources from them such as latest templates and other sources of income that you cannot just find anywhere. The more techniques you learn, the better.

You will expand your knowledge

Concentrating on your topic too much is like isolating yourself in a dark room, and you will be ignorant of other things. One day, you will be surprised that you are being left behind with the latest craze in town. This will be a disadvantage on your part somehow. You will be lost in a blogging conversation during on-line social activities. Although there are blog posts that seem weird; you may also get something from them as additional attraction for your upcoming posts. In blogging, Learning is everywhere.

They can be your future readers

Have you tried leaving comments on blogs that have a totally different topic as yours? What was the effect to your blog? If your comment will be good enough for him, he may also read your blog. You never know, he may be among your future readers. A blogger about sports can also be interested in cooking or even parenting. Remember that every blogger is a potential customer. Nobody is a junk in blogging. This is one important lesson I learned from microblogging, like Twitter.

It will relax your mind

Blogging is not all about traffic and earning money. Sometimes, we need some entertainment and reading fancy blogs such as comic jokes and about show business. They can help our mind pause for a while from the everyday pressure. Unlike before, I am now reading more blogs about daily experiences from different kinds of personal blogs. It is also fun to leave comments when someone asks for my point of views about life and other non-blogging related topics. Honestly speaking, I am enjoying most of them.

Goldmine can also be found in places where you least expected.

Article Source: Humane Blogging Tips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    It will relax your mind

Blogging is not all about traffic and earning money. Sometimes, we need some entertainment and reading fancy blogs such as comic jokes and about show business. They can help our mind pause for a while from the everyday pressure. Unlike before, I am now reading more blogs about daily experiences from different kinds of personal blogs. It is also fun to leave comments when someone asks for my point of views about life and other non-blogging related topics. Honestly speaking, I am enjoying most of them.

Goldmine can also be found in places where you least expected.

Article Source: Humane Blogging Tips
    Couldn't agree more, sometimes doing things that is way beyond our comfort zone is quite relaxing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true... been posting comments on do follow blogs recently, so i've been reading a lot of posts that're pretty different from what i usually go for. it's been interesting. and a bit eye opening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scatterhaiku View Post
    true... been posting comments on do follow blogs recently, so i've been reading a lot of posts that're pretty different from what i usually go for. it's been interesting. and a bit eye opening.
    I am glad that you are doing the same thing too. Just hope you will gain a lot from doing so.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's true. I am also reading other blogs that are way too different from my niche. And I learn a lot from them. (I love reading inspirational blogs, it keeps me motivated)

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read other blogs for self learning. I want to expand my knowledge; not only on the topic im blogging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that all of us here are on the right track.

Knowledge is power! So keep reading!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points. I just think you shouldn't spend all your time lurking in various blogs. It's pretty useless, I believe, and time wasting. You'd better concentrate on your job, blog or leisure time .