User Tag List

Thread: Need Direction

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Direction

I am designer who knows several graphic programs and xhtml/css. My boss has given me an assignment that I have no clue how to accomplish. Here is his email from yesterday:

Please change the way the “Client Login” button works – today:

1. When clicked it should request for the user to enter a username; password & case name/client-matter#;

2. Then the appropriate host site is displayed:
    a. ImageDepot
    b. LitScope

3. The user would then “for security reasons” enter their login credentials for the respective site

You will need to create a relational database connected to the “Client Login” option that contains the data to reference based on user credentials. We will have our first LitScope case and we don’t want users accidently clicking that button to first see ImageDepot when their data exist in LitScope.

I hope this makes sense and you can make it a top priority. We need to have a form of the above solution up and running by the weekend.

Thanks in advance for you hard work and dedication to meeting this deadline,

Is there a resource where I can get the code for this?

There are companies that will take your photoshop file and code it into xhtml/css within 24 hours, are there similar companies that could provide me with a quick solution on the above situation?

I hope this is the correct forum to be posting this, thanks for any help you can give.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is definately not a design job - it's a programmers. There are many site you can outsource something like this - including sitepoint marketplace but you will need to give more information that you have posted here. What languages can you use on your server? What database do you use? etc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would I be able to use PHP/MySQL? I know that is what we use with Wordpress. Also, would you be able to give me a ballpark figure as to how much I should expect to pay for a job like this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, php with a Mysql database would be fine for this. Costwise I've no idea I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could get a slackjaw student to do it pretty cheaply, but the quality will be atrocious. Real contractors would charge at least $100.00 USD an hour. Thinking maybe $1,000.00 total?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to call him slackjawed since I haven't met him, but I did manage to get a friend of a co-worker to do this on the cheap. Also, I bought a PHP/MySQL book yesterday so next time I will be more self-sufficient. Thanks to everybody who posted to this thread for your help.