SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hostswamp, What Just Happened?

Hello, to keep a long, lengthy story short.... I recently bought a website, everything is finally up and running smooth for me, and I go to log onto it a few hours ago, the screen reads: "account suspended, contact billing/support"
    I thought it was my site having problems, I do some digging, find out www.hostswamp.com is my host, try to get onto their website, same "account suspended" message.
    Is anyone else having problems with Hostswamp? I don't think it is me, everything from my end seems OK.
    I just e-mailed them, we will see what happens. I am fairly new to this and haven't seen this before. Anything else I should do?
    Any thoughts or ideas on this matter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like your host has not paid their hosting account and the outage has trickled down to all sub accounts.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I just confirmed that with them. S**T happens, what do you do.

Would I be able to switch hosts now, or do I have to stay hosted under them? I got a year free hosting included when I bought the site. Am I obligated now for the rest of the year, then switch? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to find where your domain is registered and transfer it to another host. I don't think you will be able to get your files until the current host account is paid up. You should really try to call them. If you emailed them and the account is locked, chances are your email did not get through.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to find where your domain is registered and transfer it to another host.
    Changing hosts is indeed easy. All it takes is changing the domain's nameservers, assuming you have access to an admin panel for the domain. Your host or registrar should have given it to you.

Transferring the domain is a different process, and not necessarily needed. If the domain is newly registered (under 60 days) changing registrars (transferring) is not an option.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks for the info. Right now I can't even login in CPanel with my user name or password. I think I am pretty much screwed until he pays his account, and so are a bunch of other people.
    I contacted them through e-mail and he said he is going to try to pay.
    I can't do much else I guess.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted them through e-mail and he said he is going to try to pay.
    Looks like it happened. The site is up.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

SitePoint Enthusiast dotcompals's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jemmmcorp View Post
    Hello, to keep a long, lengthy story short.... I recently bought a website, everything is finally up and running smooth for me, and I go to log onto it a few hours ago, the screen reads: "account suspended, contact billing/support"
    I thought it was my site having problems, I do some digging, find out www.hostswamp.com is my host, try to get onto their website, same "account suspended" message.
    Is anyone else having problems with Hostswamp? I don't think it is me, everything from my end seems OK.
    I just e-mailed them, we will see what happens. I am fairly new to this and haven't seen this before. Anything else I should do?
    Any thoughts or ideas on this matter?
    I face the same issue. I have 12 sites hosted with Hostswamp. Out of which 11 are still showing susupended page. What to do? anyone can PM me the email of Hostswamp.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you should just try to get the files for the site (always have a backup) and since domain is in your hands, simply move your hosting and your good.