SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positioning advise & help

I have created a jpg of a banner design I want to use http://kyllle.deviantart.com/art/interfaced-94620976

I have started coding the design but have a few probs that I dont know how to correct http://www.glen-lodge.co.uk/learning.html

basically can you offer me your advise on how I achieve the following:

1) position the main links in the center instead of the left hand side
    2) how I properly position the little home box I have at the side of 'EVENTS' without it tampering with the other links
    3) how do I position the sub links above the page banner on the left hand side?
    4) and how do I place the 2 links 'BUY TICKETS' and 'ALL EVENTS' in the black section of the banner that I have left??

basically I cant get my head round positioning the text on images and above images etc so it would be great to gain some knowledge from everyone through your help and advise.

It would be great if you could also give me advice on my current code and maybe pointers on how I could achieve better results.

Thanks for looking

Kyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all again,

Iv managed to position the sub nav links above the banner and position the main links at the top of the page so I feel Im on the right track although I would love someone to have a glance over the page just for some much needed advice.

My main difficulty is positioning the two links at the bottom of the banner, all advise welcomed!!

Thanks all!!

Design Your Site Team bronze trophy Erik J's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) You can give the nav-list a width and use margin:auto.

2) Use it as a background on the ul and give ul a left padding, adjust the image position with background-position: [left] [top];

3) I don't think I understand where you want them. Maybe position them with float and margins.

4) E.g. with a negative margin-top.

Also try position banner with float and margins instead of AP if layout permit.

An option worth mention is to change banner images to anchor or div backgrounds.

- I see you have made progress while I was typing, but I post it anyway.
    Happy ADD/ADHD with Asperger's