SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flashpaper questions

im reworking a site of which the owner has put tons of content in pdf's. id like this content to be readable on the site without users having to download and open the pdf (acrobat reader is still slow and bloated imho) instead of converting this all (manually) to html, im considering turning all these pdf's in to flashpaper format

- i understand you can convert any document to flashpaper very easily with one click. is the layout of the source material preserved 100%? the pdf's contain images with captions, text placed in columns, footers with footnotes, superscript text, foreign languages (korean, spanish) etc. Does flashpaper handle this stuff well?
    - do users only need the latest version of flash to read the content?
    - im guessing that contrary to pdf format, flashpaper content doesnt get indexed by search engines? or will it, now that google has started indexing flash content?
    - is it possible and easy to have a header, sidebar and footer in normal html and have just one scrolling div with the flashpaper content? is it possible to place the flashpaper movie in a div and use css to control its position?
    - any other pros / cons?

thanks
    stefan
    I need someone to protect me from
    all the measures they take in order to protect me

Community Advisor silver trophy

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Might be worth looking at pdf2swf from here as another option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also just discovered Scribd's ipaper which seems to pick up where flashpaper left off
    I need someone to protect me from
    all the measures they take in order to protect me