SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi site CMS - WordpressMU?

I develop sites for small businesses and they are generally fairly straighforward 'brochure' type sites. I'd like to offer some sort of CMS for my users and rather than install loads of installations of, say, Wordpress would WordpressMU be an option? They sites are hosted within one package so share database and server.
    Regards, Edward

Smart programmer silver trophy M.Zeb Khan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi SteadyEdd,

If it's a few page website I would suggest get a simple CMS or build one, have you heard of http://www.cushycms.com/ ? its quite good one for simple websites.

Good luck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mubarak. Am I being paranoid about doing this through a 3rd party as opposed to using my own servers (or at least my Host's)? Maybe it's OK with CushyCMS because you only edit pages through someone else's server - it's still hosted on my own (or my Hosts anyway).
    Regards, Edward

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I discovered CushyCMS yesterday and I'm impressed. I've avoided CMS, hoping simpler, better systems would arrive, and this one is remarkably easy and zero cost. I like CushyCMS lot, and I think my clients will like it, but I would like to hear from others. The sites I build are not very large or complicated -- brochures really, all of them. I want the same thing that the original poster asked about, and CushyCMS looks perfect. Am I missing something? Security issues or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Edward, I think that Mu is probably a good option for you if you want to have multiple WP sites. I think they also have a domain mapping plugin that was recently released/updated so you could set up a WP site at as many domains as you need to.