SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple Article Distribution

Hello... I'm thinking this might have been covered fairly well, but I can't find anything that directly relates, so here it goes.

I'm building a very simple site... but one of the main features is the news section. I will probably have one new article per week, nothing dramatic. But I'm looking for the best way to do this without having to manually key the article and the archive sidebar each time I have a new article.

Here's my idea overall... the home "news" page will display the two most recent articles. On the left, I want to have a sidebar with archived articles that each have their own page when clicked on. My idea is much like a blog really... I'm pretty new at the web design thing, so there is probably an easy solution. But I'm looking for a CMS that will update the home "news" page with the most recent articles, create the individual article pages, and archive everything.

Any ideas... Thanks for the advice/help in advance

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WordPress.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I'm a rookie designer... I'm looking to work this structure into an existing site. Will the Wordpress exports work into existing style sheets?