User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Needed: First time preparing image for print

Hi everyone,

I received a PDF with instructions on how to prepare my ad. There were a few terms I would love clarification on. The pdf can be found here if needed: revolustream.com/Coast_Soc_Spec.pdf

I am not familiar with the term "proof" (match, rainbow, iris). I am hoping some clarification can be offered to help me determine what this is referring to.

Also, when looking at the ad dimensions, I see 3 different measurements for Full Page. Am I correct to assume I should create the image at the Full Page Bleed size, with the understanding that it will be trimmed to the Full Page Trim size? I am confused over the Full Page Non-bleed size.

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proofs are prints that are about as close as you can get to a press-quality print. These are usually done by professional print shops and are done prior to a print run to check color accuracy, image quality, etc. It's basically your best preview of what the final product will look like. In this case, the publisher wants to see a proof of your ad to be sure that it will look correct when it goes to press. Contact a print shop near you to find out how to get a proof and what it will cost. Just FYI, match prints, for example, can sometimes run between $150 and $300.

Full-page non-bleed is a page that will not have any artwork running off any edge of the page. If that's what you want, create the ad at that exact size. Full-page trim is what the final printed and cut page will measure out to with artwork running off the edges of the page. Create your ad at the larger full-page bleed size if you intend to have art go beyond the edges of the page and get cut off in production.