User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which currencies do you work with?

Hi all,

I'm just interested in users view and opinions on this. I currently sell in Euros on vB Skin Zone, though I used to trade in USD, GBP and Euros earlier this year (I had to change due to script compatibilities).

I've been doing a bit of research and from what I've read this phrase comes up alot:

the average US based user is hesitant about buying in another currency, whereas the average user outside the US does not have the same hesitancy about buying in dollars.
    Do you agree with this statement? Which currencies to you trade in and do you have more success in one rather than the other?
    vBulletin Skins Zone - Premium vBulletin Skins

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with the above quote.. Stick with USD unless you are targeting foreign markets.. I personally would be hesitant in buying offshore products.. And with the US dollar as weak as it is, it should be easier to sell anything in USD these days...

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's absolutely true. A European will be much more open towards buying in foreign currency because the market has been ruled by the US dollar for decades and decades, so it was common to purchase goods in currencies other than your own. Now, that we have the Euro, I could imagine US buyers to be slightly less reluctant in buying in foreign currency as well. But, before, the US Dollar was pretty much the only currency to trade with on a global market. This will change as the Euro is getting stronger and stronger and more accepted every year. As it is now, however, I still choose to go with the US Dollar as my main currency, but take no issue when a buyer wants to trade in Euro or Pounds.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My company only accepts USD, but my products work with the 16 major currencies supported by PayPal:
    1. U.S. Dollars
    2. Euros
    3. Pounds Sterling
    4. Canadian Dollars
    5. Australian Dollars
    6. Yen
    7. New Zealand Dollars
    8. Swiss Franc
    9. Hong Kong Dollar
    10. Singapore Dollar
    11. Swedish Krona
    12. Danish Krone
    13. Polish Zloty
    14. Norwegian Krone
    15. Hungarian Forint
    16. Czech Koruna

I find that a lot of people do want to deal in their own national currency when processing online.
    Scriptalicious SEO Scripts
    Save 20% with coupon code SPROCKS

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we accept USD, EUR and GBP

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really interesting to find out, I'll still have to mull it over, but at the moment its may only be a matter of time before I switch.
    vBulletin Skins Zone - Premium vBulletin Skins

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We accept USD, Euros, Pounds, Canadian dollars, Australian dollars, and Yen. Even with regional billing it all gets turned into USD though.
    <snip>
    Want to learn more about processing?
    Check out our E-Commerce Blog