User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on X-Cart hosting

Hello,

Can I ask if anybody had any experience with X-Cart hosting (http://www.x-cart.com/hosting.html) which has been introduced by the compant few months ago (if I'm not mistaken)?

The thimg is that as a developer I'm also hosting some of my clients' stores. I've actually been very happy with X-Cart as a platform and considering moving to their new host and also hosting new stores there (their conditions seem very reasonable).

What was your experience (if any)? Should I go ahead with them or still stay with other hosting companies they recommend?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a hefty price for hosting. However, PCI compliance is a big plus if you plan on taking or storing credit cards locally. If you plan on storing credit cards locally, the database that stores them must be on a server that is not directly accessible from the internet. There are other considerations as well to meet PCI compliance.

If you are sending shoppers to a 3rd party gateway and don't need to worry about PCI compliance, you may want to consider finding another host (or staying with your current host if you aren't having problems).

If you do try them out, let us know how it goes.
    PHP Shopping Cart Software Easy Ecommerce Shopping Cart Script.
    PHP Super Cart is 100% template driven.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 Jondolar: Ok, thanks, PCI compliance of X-Cart hosting is actually worth mentioning since the local storage of CC data is an often case. Seems that it might be worth a try.