SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbies simple header question

hello there,

I'm not very well up on my javascript, so I hope you will tolerate such a simple question and help me out with it.

I am trying to set up Lightbox and the 3 scripts that it tells me to put into the header are over 4,000 lines long.

I took a look at the Source of the Lightbox 2 demo page and it has the following pasted in the header:
    Code JavaScript:
    <script src="js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    	<script src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder" type="text/javascript"></script>
    	<script src="js/lightbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Does that mean that he has the scripts stored in a folder like CSS and when the page loads it calls the scripts? Or should I load all the scripts into the header anyway?

Thanks for helping out.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the scripts will be loaded in, like external CSS files. For you to do the same it's probably best to download a copy of the files and then add them in a folder on your site. Importing the scripts gives the browser a chance to cache them and allows them to be maintained centrally rather than across many pages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wondered if that was the case, but as there is no <link> I wasn't sure. Thanks for your quick answer.