SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Problem starting server OS 10.4.11

Hi, on page 44 of rails 2 I'm getting an error message when I try and start the server. I've followed the instructions a number of times, and I'm pretty sure I've followed correctly... this is the error that I get:
    Please help!
    Code:
    ** Starting Rails with development environment...
    Exiting
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.1.0/lib/initializer.rb:225:in `require_frameworks': no such file to load -- openssl (RuntimeError)
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.1.0/lib/initializer.rb:113:in `process'
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.1.0/lib/initializer.rb:93:in `send'
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.1.0/lib/initializer.rb:93:in `run'
            from /Users/shahar/Desktop/shovell/config/environment.rb:13
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:509:in `require'
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:354:in `new_constants_in'
             ... 22 levels...
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.1.0/lib/commands/server.rb:39
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
            from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
            from script/server:3
    ??????

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems it was a problem with the Developer tools installation.
    Re-installing and running through the process fixed it.