SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resizing and Resampling Images

I used to use MS Photo Editor and/or FrontPage to shrink my images and resample them so that they look clear and undistorted. Most of my photos are huge and i need to shrink them but i no longer have good software that can do a good job.

Are there any alternatives out there. I may be able to get a copy of FrontPage but i just believe something better has to be out there since FrontPage is not really designed for image editing. Of course there is Photoshhop but I'm not interested in a 100-years war.

I'm looking for something easy but adequate so i can use my pictures on a professional website.

Thanks!

Night Elf silver trophybronze trophy Varelse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For such a simple task you can use any popular image browser like XnView, IrfanView or FastStone. I am using XnView and it has nice batch image processing feature.
    FreelanceDaddy - freelancer's personal advisor
    █ Guide and advice for freelancers starting their career
    █ Over 1000 projects posted on freelance markets every day
    █ One-stop resource for online freelancing

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Free option would be to get VSO Image Resizer. I use it to resize hundreds of images all at once as we do digital analyzation of close up images, etc. But could work for you as well as you can tell it what size to resize to as well and constrain proportions.