SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 86
  1. #26
    SitePoint Guru jessiejames27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    627
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is really impressive, I wish I can be as great as you. Keep it up dude. Can i link exchange with you?

  2. #27
    SitePoint Addict pavelmaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessiejames27 View Post
    It is really impressive, I wish I can be as great as you. Keep it up dude.
    Thanks.

    Can i link exchange with you?
    Sorry, can't do.

  3. #28
    SitePoint Wizard jimbo_dk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Very nice work Pavs. Bookmarked your site.
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

  4. #29
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pavelmaha, that's very impressive.

    Would you by any chance care to share the amount of revenue you make from the site? I'm sure I'm not the only one curious. Thanks.

  5. #30
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job - looks like you got some good traffic from Digg there too!

  6. #31
    SitePoint Addict pavelmaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesedude View Post
    pavelmaha, that's very impressive.

    Would you by any chance care to share the amount of revenue you make from the site? I'm sure I'm not the only one curious. Thanks.
    Thanks everyone.

    About $500.

    I don't aggressively push ads within posts. (I used to before). I only put Google ads that stays away from reading area. I also declined few ad offer that was not on my niche. I am trying to build a community; so its important that they don't feel that I am trying to shove ads down their throat.

    I am looking for blogads invitation (which is invite only from members); once I get that I will remove all my google ads slowly and concentrate on building traffic.

  7. #32
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    206
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site is awesome! I've switched to linux about 8 months ago and I'm always looking for sites with good tips. You are now my favorite blog.

  8. #33
    SitePoint Addict pavelmaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binarysys View Post
    Your site is awesome! I've switched to linux about 8 months ago and I'm always looking for sites with good tips. You are now my favorite blog.
    Thanks

    Shoot, this thread is turning out to be a little blog promotion (unintentionally). Sorry mods, I hope you don't think I am trying to sell myself; I didn't post any links on my original post or as a signature, only posted link after quite a few people asked for it. So I guess that's relevant to the thread.

  9. #34
    SitePoint Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    655
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really shows you that persistence is what it's all about.

    Congratulations!

  10. #35
    www.logoraman.com electroskan.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations pavelmaha...BTW I cannot find any reason why your blog shouldn't be successful
    LOGORAMAN
    [FB] [TWITTER] [BEHANCE] [FLICKR]

  11. #36
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a great statistical data of your blog. Congrats

  12. #37
    SitePoint Guru dojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    899
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing stats. Maybe in 100 years I'd be able to equal them

  13. #38
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shenzhen, GD provice, China
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive, you should be proud!

    How far to your goal still?
    Wanna dig in China's market but don't bother to open a branch?
    Welcome to my blog and find out how I can help you:
    http://zackyin.blogspot.com/

  14. #39
    SitePoint Zealot sherl0ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats man.

    wish my blog will be like yours

  15. #40
    SitePoint Enthusiast Keanwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    http://review.wowwowmoney.com
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats!! and those are very nice numbers of visitors in your blog.

    please share method to do it.


    Thanks for sharing.

  16. #41
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!

    My biggest question however is do you still enjoy it?

  17. #42
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are definitely very good numbers! At this point you should easily be able to find ways to make pretty good money from that blog.

    I am sure people in your niche would be more than happy to advertise on your blog. You just need to make an effort to make sure people know they can advertise on it.
    Internet Marketing Consultant! Find me at http://trentbrownrigg.com

  18. #43
    SitePoint Addict pavelmaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggsfly View Post
    Congratulations!

    My biggest question however is do you still enjoy it?
    More than ever.

    It doesn't feel like a "job", and I don't feel obligated (maybe a little bit). As I start to hire some more writers (there are 3 blogs in this network), my work will fall back to "editing only". So I can just enjoy from the background. Which is what I always wanted to do; without having the pressure of actively updating it all the time.

  19. #44
    SitePoint Addict pavelmaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent Brownrigg View Post
    Those are definitely very good numbers! At this point you should easily be able to find ways to make pretty good money from that blog.

    I am sure people in your niche would be more than happy to advertise on your blog. You just need to make an effort to make sure people know they can advertise on it.
    I wish I could agree with you. Anyways, I think I am getting into blogad network (waiting for their response). If that happens, than I should be able to make good money out of it.

    Maybe I should put an add on marketplace here at sitepoint. Anyone had any good experience with it?

  20. #45
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pavelmaha View Post
    More than ever.

    It doesn't feel like a "job", and I don't feel obligated (maybe a little bit). As I start to hire some more writers (there are 3 blogs in this network), my work will fall back to "editing only". So I can just enjoy from the background. Which is what I always wanted to do; without having the pressure of actively updating it all the time.
    Now that is awesome!

  21. #46
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pavelmaha View Post
    More than ever.

    It doesn't feel like a "job", and I don't feel obligated (maybe a little bit). As I start to hire some more writers (there are 3 blogs in this network), my work will fall back to "editing only". So I can just enjoy from the background. Which is what I always wanted to do; without having the pressure of actively updating it all the time.
    How are you going to pay your writers? A set per-post wage or a percentage of ad revenue? Just wondering b/c I'm currently running a site with multiple authors...no real revenue yet but something to think about for the future.

  22. #47
    SitePoint Addict pavelmaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bootzy View Post
    How are you going to pay your writers? A set per-post wage or a percentage of ad revenue? Just wondering b/c I'm currently running a site with multiple authors...no real revenue yet but something to think about for the future.
    I can't reveal the exact pay amount or structure.

    In general terms:

    * Fixed Number of posts per week. (ie, at the rate of 3 posts, I expect to have 12-13 posts per author per month)
    * Fixed amount per post (with incentives for popular posts)
    * Minimum words per post. (400-500 is reasonable)

    I have done some research on this and see how successful blog networks work. In my opinion, percentage of ad revenue sharing is not a good format, in the long term.

  23. #48
    SitePoint Zealot eugie17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats for your stats, I think that social media traffic needs special kind of websites or blogs that make the visitor stick to it and eventually becomes customer coz there is no point of getting traffic that will only stay 40sec and leave and never come back

  24. #49
    SitePoint Addict pavelmaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eugie17 View Post
    Congrats for your stats, I think that social media traffic needs special kind of websites or blogs that make the visitor stick to it and eventually becomes customer coz there is no point of getting traffic that will only stay 40sec and leave and never come back
    Even 2-5% of the 30k hits sticks to the website (not everyone knows how to use feed readers), it is worth it. Now multiply that 2-5% times the number of digg frontpage.

    To reap the value of digg frontpage, you need more than one hit.
    A very good example of sites benefited from this strategy are cracked, xkcd, arstechnica, huffington post, and so on. These sites are made for digg, yet they charge insane amount for advertisers because there traffic are mostly returning readers, who later help digg more pages. With time, this become effortless. Just like cracked and xkcd.

  25. #50
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    RI-USA
    Posts
    5,621
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're doing amazingly well on Digg. How much of that traffic sticks around? Digg traffic can be fickle, but if you can turn those visits into regular readers, you'll really grow like a weed.

    Have you tried any other tech-niche social media sites (like Reddit, Hacker News, DZone, etc.)? They may not send as much traffic overall as Digg, but it tends to be higher quality traffic, imho.

    Edit: I just realized you answered half my question in the last post -- I kind of didn't realize there was a page two to this thread. Whoops.
    Josh is an anomaly
    rails & work & twitter

    Organization is the
    death of creativity.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •