SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding Good Graphic Artists

Is anybody here buying from graphic artists on istockphoto.com?

I took the plunge this year and have purchased about $500 worth of images for a site, and then did it again for another. I've rarely bought art work for sites in the past, but decided to give it a try this year, and am happy with results.

I figured the images will be on the site for years, and if they help me sell even a few accounts, they will have paid for themselves. Images created by pros really make creating a decent looking site a lot easier.

Anyway, I'm always on the lookout for good artists.

Can anybody suggest their favorites?

My favorite is probably Mark Stay. I would link to his portfolio and site, but I'm concerned someone might interpret this as spam. A google search will get you there.

Here's a sample of the kind of art work I'm usually looking for. Thanks for any links, pointers or suggestions you migh have about where I can find more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once saw an artist who did characters similar to that postman you have there. I think his name was Matt Groening or something
    Picture - Image hosting & media sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you try looking for some freelancers? Might be cheaper than istock but your going to have to build some trust on what your artist can and cant do. Here some good places to look

guru.com
    elance.com
    getafreelancer.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had good luck buying and selling images there. Quality is good, price is good, it's an all-around good deal. I think the vector work at istock and other similar sites is well priced. You can use the vectors for a variety of formats, or take them apart and modify them to suit your needs. Especially good for Flash projects.