SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Marketing From A Weblog Inferior To Marketing From A General Website!? Please Vote

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

1 20.00%
  • No!

1 20.00%
  • It really depends on the content of the site/blog in question!

3 60.00%
  • No Comment.

0 0%
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile IS Marketing From A Weblog Inferior To A General Website!? Your Opinion Sought Plse!

Marketing anything online can be challenging at the best of times! So, in your opinion, is marketing from a weblog an inferior method!?

Do You visit blogs, see the adverts and product spin and run away or are You not so narrow with Your preferences!? Content is everything these days but is a Weblog widely seen as an inferior platform in which to sell from!?

Please discuss and vote (market research)! Thanks, Regards, Dave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I think that adverts in blogs are a great way to market anything.... Adverts in relevant comment posting in blogs is a great way to build links and facilitate natural web growth, for free... The trick is finding them statistically indexed ;-)

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post
    I think that adverts in blogs are a great way to market anything.... Adverts in relevant comment posting in blogs is a great way to build links and facilitate natural web growth, for free... The trick is finding them statistically indexed ;-)
    Thanks for Your comment Eautocad! Adverts on blogs turn a lot of people off visiting as the popular line is that weblogs should be a free source of information free from capitalistic enterprises!

I don't happen to agree with this totally and I know of several very successful bloggers, like Yaro Starek, who make very healthy incomes from classy selling techniques on their own blogs!

Keep the comments coming please! Thnx, D.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as long as you supply the information they're looking for, it wont be perceived as an advertisement, but as a link to the information they want.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

as long as you supply the information they're looking for, it wont be perceived as an advertisement, but as a link to the information they want.
    Great Point! Thanks Eautocad! There is a real art to effective advertising and I wish that somebody would release a definitive Ebook to the secrets of advertising success! I have seen many other pretenders that just don't stack up, and, for my money, are woefully Over-priced!

My next project: writing 'The Definitive Guide To Effective Advertising!' Hmmmm.... Someone's going to be a busy boy by the looks of it!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An ebook is a good way to market something as well, when you get done with it i'll give you a premium listing in my directory for free under e-books... it's decently traversed

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

An ebook is a good way to market something as well, when you get done with it i'll give you a premium listing in my directory for free under e-books... it's decently traversed
    Thanks for Your very generous offer Eautocad! I am very touched by this! Now, all I have to do is write my own ebook! Hmmmmm......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a healthy mix of both WordPress sites, as well as straight HTML based sites. I also have a couple of vBulletin forums that do ok.

I have had good luck with both formats, and now I just choose the most appropriate for me when first setting the site up. If its just going to be a fairly standard site with lots and lots of articles put up, then its WordPress all the way. If its going to be something different than that, then its far easier for me to use straight HTML sites.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ziplok View Post
    I use a healthy mix of both WordPress sites, as well as straight HTML based sites. I also have a couple of vBulletin forums that do ok.

I have had good luck with both formats, and now I just choose the most appropriate for me when first setting the site up. If its just going to be a fairly standard site with lots and lots of articles put up, then its WordPress all the way. If its going to be something different than that, then its far easier for me to use straight HTML sites.

Thanks Ziplok, a very interesting comment! Regards, Dave.