SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

logic of tagging photos in facebook and myspace

I don't understand the logic of why one would tag a photo in facebook or myspace. When I tag a photo, be it my own photo or another photo, I scratch my head and say "what does that do for me".

Yep, I read their documentation and they tell you how to tag, but what I'm not grasping is why would you want to tag a photo.

Anyways, can anyone tell me the logic for tagging photos in facebook and myspace?. Why would someone tag their own photo v.s. another member's photo? If the logic is different for each, please explain the difference.

Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I always thought tagging photos was so you could go back later and think " I tagged this because (variable)"'
    Last edited by r937; Jul 27, 2008 at 01:51.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general, tagging something helps you, or other people, find it later using that tag word. It may also help you, or other people, find similar photos related to each other somehow regardless of the album they're in.

In facebook, tagging is done based on people who are in the photo. This allows people to browse all photos with a certain person in them, regardless of what album they are in.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with mmj

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to put what mmj said more simply, it basically allows you to go to anyones profile, go to their photos, and see all the pics that both you and he/her are in together, without going through each of their photos individually.