SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Help - Conflicting Javascript Files???

Hi all,

I'm currently attempting to build my website (BIG MISTAKE)...I'm a designer and when it comes to code i usually pass it off to our developers as it's just not registering with me lol.

Anyway, I thought I'd post where I'm at:

http://www.excellenceofexecution.com...ew/index2.html

So, the squares are currently doing there thing with the fade exactly like they should. However, if you click the "click here" button, the display area should darken with the portfolio image. when you close it, it will fade/close and the site itself will appear. However, this isn't working, at least not here.

Now, if you go here:

http://www.excellenceofexecution.com...ew/index3.html

The opposite is happening...the click here works, however, the squares no longer fade as I had to remove some of the JS files to make the other work.

I have no idea what to do (not technical or a good coder, I essentially learn from trying to decipher how others make these work) but figure there has to be a way to make this work. It's obviously close...just a few bugs someplace (I think).

I'd appreciate if anyone could offer a helping hand. Sorry if my materials are hard to follow...I'm not versed in web development as well as I should be.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I am stumped, I go over the code again... then I take a break... Go back later, look at it again... keep repeating until done.
    Last edited by r937; Jul 27, 2008 at 02:49.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, and I'm sure it's helpful if you understand what it is.