User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherspirit View Post
    You would have to agree that I have had a Lot thrown at me on this thread! I don't see any problem in defending my position if needs be!
    I think that people were simply trying to tell you why you may have a problem with certain forums to help you to correct it, if that's what you wish.

Regarding defending your position, of course you can, and should, defend your opinions. I insist that it is the way you do it what makes the difference. You can defend your opinions and be politically correct. You will still get the message across, and nobody will feel offended by it, not a bit.

Sorry if You don't understand my 'cinism'! (sic). I didn't realize that I came across as so cryptic (apparently) with my humor!?
    No problem. I was simply making you aware of it. For some of us, English is a second language and sometimes we do not understand the second meanings, therefore we may completely get a different meaning. That doesn't mean that it happens all the time, of course.
    As for Alexa rankings not really mattering, could You please tell me Molona, why countless millions of people flock to Alexa.com Every week! Why are they there if the stats are 'relatively unimportant!?'
    I use Alexa because I think that it is good to see the trend of a site. But you can't get obsessed by it. Alexa data is based on gathering information from the people that has installed the Alexa too bar and many people doesn't have it. Therefore, their data is not that precise and you can't really trust it. What you can trust is that if a site has increased traffic, it really did, or if it went down.

Same thing with PR. There are so many factors involved, that it is very hard to know why your PR is not growing, even when you do whatever you are supposed to do to make it go up.

These things help you to improve the site, but you can't go crazy simply to increase your PR or your Alexa ranking. Simply, create good content and update regularly. The rest will come.

Also, some people obsess over their Alexa rankings like many males obsess over a certain unnamed body part! Try telling a man with a small 'body part' that it is 'unimportant'!
    See what I mean? This comment was completely unnecessary and uncalled for. I personaly don't care, but I do think that increases the agressivity of your post

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    Maybe he thinks Hitler is still in power???
    Well "like Hitler's 'Europe' do" can be interpreted as saying that modern europe is fascist, and has a similaritys to Nazi Germany. After all, the usual term used for refering to hitlers rule, is Nazi Germany, or Hitlers Germany, as not all europe was ruled by Hitler!

I would usially find that idea far fetched but this guy has some weird/unusual ideas in my opinion, and has said himself that he is prone to conspiricy theorys.

SitePoint Enthusiast EveryoneCollects's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the strangest thread I've read in a long time - even my wife's had a read , and my how it's grown in such a short time.

SitePoint Evangelist WebMachine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fatherspirit
    Seriously, if all countries had police and government systems like Hitler's 'Europe' do You think that the world would stay standing up!? I DOUBT IT STRONGLY!!
    I was quite content to lurk in the background just enjoying the lively discussion, but I couldn't resist making a comment. Earlier one of the posters mentionned a misplaced comma, but everyone got so excited about the difference between DO and DID, they failed to notice the very important effect a simple comma can have on a sentence: maybe this is what was meant ...

Seriously, if all countries had police and government systems like Hitler's 'Europe' , do You think that the world would stay standing up!? I DOUBT IT STRONGLY!!

Just my two cents worth. This is in no way to be construed as agreeing with any of the comments made, just an observation about English punctuation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you know what they say...

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions and running down their neighbors

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebMachine View Post
    I was quite content to lurk in the background just enjoying the lively discussion, but I couldn't resist making a comment. Earlier one of the posters mentionned a misplaced comma, but everyone got so excited about the difference between DO and DID, they failed to notice the very important effect a simple comma can have on a sentence: maybe this is what was meant ...

Seriously, if all countries had police and government systems like Hitler's 'Europe' , do You think that the world would stay standing up!? I DOUBT IT STRONGLY!!

Just my two cents worth. This is in no way to be construed as agreeing with any of the comments made, just an observation about English punctuation.
    Well that sounds fine, and if that was what was intended, I agree with it to some extent. I suppose after reading through fatherspirit's comments, I found them progressively rude, and it put me in a negative frame of mind as I continued to read. I interpreted the grammar error in a way that I found quite offensive.

fatherspirit I do find you quite rude, evidently that is just your way. But donít worry I am not Hannibal Lecter (If you havent seen silence of the lambs, you probably wont get that)

ro0bear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ro0bear View Post
    I suppose after reading through fatherspirit's comments, I found them progressively rude, and it put me in a negative frame of mind
    You're the one who decided to get into a "negative frame of mind".

Other people don't force you into thinking negative as we are in control of our own thoughts.

If you don't control your own thoughts, then you
    might want to seek professional help

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't control your own thoughts, then you
    might want to seek professional help watch less tv
    So, Rockrz, you only appear when things get interesting, eh
    Saul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I was just making an observation about a fella that was blaming someone else on his decision to think negative thoughts, as though he couldn't help it.

I went through that back in my younger days until I figured out that I have the ability to control what I think.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone or anything like that

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ro0bear View Post
    Well that sounds fine, and if that was what was intended, I agree with it to some extent. I suppose after reading through fatherspirit's comments, I found them progressively rude, and it put me in a negative frame of mind as I continued to read. I interpreted the grammar error in a way that I found quite offensive.

fatherspirit I do find you quite rude, evidently that is just your way. But donít worry I am not Hannibal Lecter (If you havent seen silence of the lambs, you probably wont get that)

ro0bear
    Very cute! I have seen 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'Hannibal' and 'Red Dragon' and 'Hannibal Rising' but Not 'Manhunter'! Am I really that 'rude' or just a little 'fully loaded'!?

The Hannibal Lecter reference not only sounds 'rude' from Your behalf, but also downright threatening! (implied).

Are You going to 'eat my liver' with a 'side or fava beans' and a 'nice chianti!?' FFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffff!!!!

You're better than that Ro0bear! Why not add something more meatier to the topic instead of using lame Hollywood anecdotes etc. Otherwise, I just might have to get Quantico on Your back for a little roughing up! (he winks). And don't tell me that that is 'offensive' please cos I didn't 'threaten' to do a Lecter job on You!

Site Point Forum Moderators are v.v. tolerant and not in the least bit 'uptight'! How do I know this to be so!? Answer: You're able to read this! Case Closed. D.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy conradical's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ...did you use comic sans perhaps?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [SIZE="2"] Am I really that 'rude' or just a little 'fully loaded'!?
    I would say mainly fully loaded, but can certainly come across rude!

The Hannibal Lecter reference not only sounds 'rude' from Your behalf, but also downright threatening! (implied).

Are You going to 'eat my liver' with a 'side or fava beans' and a 'nice chianti!?' FFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffff!!!!
    I said, dont worry im not Hannibal Lecter, meaning, dont worry I wont eat you because I sometimes find you rude. It was just a joke, to lighten the tone.

"No more kindergarten type PM's from Site Point thanks! Do a PR course before You press 'send' again please!"

"Letting them know that I 'understand' sounds like a slightly fascist type of indicator!"

"When You can be a little more balanced in Your thinking and not so eager to defend the 'so-so' actions of top level 'Site Point' staff, then maybe I will appreciate Your posts more!"

"So, thanks for Your comment 'Team Leader', but I'm not buying and I ain't following the 'team line' given by this particular 'Leader'!
    P.S. I notice that You say You have 'foot-in-mouth-disease'! Hmmmmm..........."

"Nothing like a bit of healthy debate! So please contribute something a little more meaty next time. No more 'pollution' thanks! Regards, Dave."

"It seems that some Site Point members have very precious underbellies and flimsy 'He said/ She said' type egos!"

"Thanks for the travel tips Foxx! If You can't find a way to say something respectfully, then Try Harder! Nothing is impossible for the man with a definite goal in mind!

There You go, You give me travel tips and in exchange I give You Pop Psychology! I doesn't get much better than that!"

"Thanks for picking me up on my grammar 'n' all! I left out a comma! Gee, if You've got nothing better to do than nitpick for minor syntax errors maybe You really do need to think about getting a hobby or two!? Passes the time a little better!"

"Why not add something more meatier to the topic instead of using lame Hollywood anecdotes etc."
    Those kind of comments are what push you out of the fully loaded and into the rude, you start being personal. I went to the trouble of showing you those quotes so you might be able to see what comes across rude? (In my opinion anyway). Maybe its a cultural thing, but my idea of polite seems to be quite different to yours.

Site Point Forum Moderators are v.v. tolerant and not in the least bit 'uptight'! How do I know this to be so!? Answer: You're able to read this! Case Closed. D.
    Agreed!

ro0bear

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by conradical View Post
    Thanks for Your comment Conradical! Firstly, Congratulations on being a 'proud new Dad!' I'm not sure what You mean by the 'use of comic sans'!? Please explain the reference. Thanks! Dave.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Those kind of comments are what push you out of the fully loaded and into the rude, you start being personal. I went to the trouble of showing you those quotes so you might be able to see what comes across rude? (In my opinion anyway). Maybe its a cultural thing, but my idea of polite seems to be quite different to yours.
    Muchos Gracsias Senor! ..... and Your point is what!?
    I'm impressed by Your copy and pasting abilities Ro0bear! Very snazz!
    And I'm glad to see that we 'agree' on something at the very least!

If You really think I am that 'offensive' I'd have to say, never run into Jay Leno on a bad day! Your 'precious' (note italics please before You 'squawk' about how 'rude' I'm being!) sensibilities wouldn't last a heartbeat! And, never go to the famous Comic's Club Improv cos You would be heartily 'offended' by the content expressed! Even though they were only meaning to be funny 'n' all!

Not sure there is much more to add Mister Ro0bear! Sincere Apologies if You have been 'wounded' by my 'rudenesses' and 'misdemeanors'!

What do You say that we let this thread die now Huh!? It has become a bit long and labored and I'm sure there are plenty of other more worthy topics to discuss! Like Barack Obama for instance! (Just don't get caught by the Site Point Moderators!) Yikes!

To close, I refuse to believe that it is 100% all my own fault that I have been 'banned' from so many sites! As a final example (and one that I forgot to mention in the opening) a site called 'Wealthy Affiliate' gave me the boot because I happened to disagree with the party line of the site's 'established' members and dared to pose the theory that paid targeted traffic can actually net your site more sales and bigger profits! I caused such a furore with this subject that the site's 'Moderators' (italics intentional, I'm being sarky!) had 'no other choice' but to lock me out of the site!

What a crock of .... !!!!! Talk about delicate points of view there!

So goodnight Ro0bear and please, no more slicey type comments, we're all getting bored with it! If our tooing and froing and quoting each other endlessly continues for too long, some bright spark is bound to say to us, 'Get a room!' (You can laugh, it's a bit tongue in cheek!)

Adios Amigos,
    Father 'Zoro' Spirit. (No 'gay blade' jokes allowed!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Just don't get caught by the Site Point Moderators!) Yikes!
    [italics]You've made a few comments aimed at the moderators now. It's almost as if you're goading them. [italics]
    Picture - Image hosting & media sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huggies anyone???

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by htpc View Post
    [italics]You've made a few comments aimed at the moderators now. It's almost as if you're goading them. [italics]
    My 'few comments aimed at the moderators now' as You put it Htpc, have all been edging towards 'vanilla' territory! Let me guess, my Richard Gere like 'defence' of Tibet is going to rock the socks of the Site Point Community!? I'm 'goading' them!? Oh Puh-leeze!! (I think I'm going to retire to the Hamptons now! (winks)) - are double brackets legit!?

Let me guess Htpc, (being slightly coy here and Not political!) do you vote Rebuplican (or equivalent)!? Or maybe You are trying to 'goad' Me huh!?

I need an Oriole and a stiff whiskey! Be gentle with me, I'm living a legal nightmare at the moment (not by Forum moderators please note!) and I need a bit of coddling!

That whiskey is starting to look better and better! Why stop at one huh!? Best to You Htpc! Signing Off ... David I. Braybrooke.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huggies anyone???
    LOL! Classic! 'Love' Ya! D. (Beam me up Scotty!) Also, the cyclops is so hysterical!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the problem is in your attitude?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mPeror View Post
    Maybe the problem is in your attitude?
    Nah, we're all just having a wonderful time chatting,
    so there's no need to start slappin each other upside the head

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That whiskey is starting to look better and better! Why stop at one huh!? Best to You Htpc! Signing Off ... David I. Braybrooke.
    How many have you had already? That may explain some of your bizarre posts.
    Picture - Image hosting & media sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for Your comment Conradical! Firstly, Congratulations on being a 'proud new Dad!' I'm not sure what You mean by the 'use of comic sans'!? Please explain the reference. Thanks! Dave.
    maybe this: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562063 ?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It strikes me that this thread is little more than an attention seeking/moan inciting piece of flame bait.
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalH View Post
    It strikes me that this thread is little more than an attention seeking/moan inciting piece of flame bait.
    Very possibly

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by conradical View Post

but I thought that Comic Sans was here to save the world, not to fight against it