SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MySQL error (): 9 in several places

Getting the following error in several places including the main content area and sidebar. (www.literacysolutions.com.au/blog/)

Warning: mysql_error(): 9 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/li/lit/literacysolutions.com.au/public/www/blog/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 282

When logged into the Wordpress admin area this error disappears from the content area but not the sidebar. When I log out of admin, it appears before each H1 in the main content area.

Appreciate any thoughts about what the problem may be here.

Note: I've modified a number of the main files in the default theme to change the appearance.

Thanks

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means some code is trying to call mysql_query on a variable that's supposed to be a connection resource, but instead is a scalar...

If the changes you made were only cosmetic, then did you recently add any plugins? You can temporarily disable your plugins to see if that causes the error to go away, then activate them one-by-one until it returns.
    Last edited by Dan Grossman; Jul 25, 2008 at 16:24.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no plug-ins added, just the default install.

thanks

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did any of the changes you made to your theme involve interacting with a database?