SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRUSTe, is it worth it?

For my revenue base it's about $250 and a little bit of privacy policy work. If my site plans on selling anything do you think this is worth the seal?

Right now I am not really going to sell anything but i would love to display some sort of seal in my privacy policy.

Any suggestions on another program?
    Smoke Lounge | Hookah Store and Community
    Shisha Tobacco
    SitePoint Users get 5% off use promo code s1t35p

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of security seals you can get for your site and while TRUSTe is definitely the leader in the space, it's really only necessary for certain sites. Most people who get it handle a lot of data, have high visibility or are concerned about not just looking safe but being publicly identified as taking privacy seriously. If your goal is just to help users feel comfortable a variety of other seals would probably be just fine.
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    There are a lot of security seals you can get for your site and while TRUSTe is definitely the leader in the space, it's really only necessary for certain sites. Most people who get it handle a lot of data, have high visibility or are concerned about not just looking safe but being publicly identified as taking privacy seriously. If your goal is just to help users feel comfortable a variety of other seals would probably be just fine.
    Do you have some examples? preferably cheaper...
    Smoke Lounge | Hookah Store and Community
    Shisha Tobacco
    SitePoint Users get 5% off use promo code s1t35p

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If versign does your SSL certificate they'll give you one, so will most other companies. BizRate and a few of the other rating companies are free to join and give their own logos after a certain number of reviews. There's also hacker safe and bbb. Most of these are well recognized (especially hacker safe) and that's what counts to people.
    - Ted S