User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wondering how this site works

Hello,

I found this site which operates very closely to how I was trying to create my site in flash (which was a complete failure):

http://ketchup-2007.nyxen.net/

I "think" this site relies on javascript for the sliding effects, etc. I looked at the code to see if I could get an idea of how this was set up, however, had no success. I've never seen these before:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/nyxen_js"></script>
    <script src="/mint/?js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Which leads me to believe that perhaps this is way more complicated then I thought, since they don't have .js at the end. I'm not a programmer, mainly just a designer, but I thought perhaps I could figure this out or understand how it works.

Long story short, if anyone knows of a good training tutorial that will help me achieve a similar result then I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are just links to external javascript files. The URLs look weird because the server is using some custom rewrite rule which doesn't have anything to do with the script. It probably rewrites /nyxen_js to /folder/nyxen.js or something. It's all in an external JS file. For example, if you go to http://ketchup-2007.nyxen.net/nyxen_js , you see it's all just regular JS.

That site uses a complicated combination of javascript effects. No tutorial will be able to show you how to reproduce it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, it's done really easy.
    link: ndoherty.com/demos/coda-slider/1.1.1/ (I can't post links)

We're from teh basements.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible that the site uses a server-side program to dynamically generate the external JavaScript files. The question mark in the second file's URI seems to suggest this. There would be little point in using rewrites for static files.