SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit Card Rebill Processing (Subscriptions)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of accepting CCs and I'm still trying to get everything figured out as far as gateways and processors.

Does anyone know a good solution for accepting CCs and managing my rebills? For example, I would like a payment solution that can accept a charge at a lower trial price and automatically rebill the customer if they don't unsubscribe by the trials end. If at all possible, I would like the processor to provide the mechanism for unsubscribing. If not possible, I will handle the customer database and rebills myself.

Does anyone know a turn-key solution for this kind of credit card processing?

Thanks

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The turn-key solution for this is PayPal. Their subscriptions support trial period pricing and allow the subscriber to cancel through their PayPal account.

The programmatic solution to this is any gateway that provides a reference ID for charging a customer without re-collecting their payment information. I use Authorize.net's CIM (Customer Information Manager) for that. But you would have to handle keeping track of the subscriptions, sending the charges to the API when they're due, and processing cancellations yourself.