SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Is The Future of Blogging?

It seems that a service like Twitter is killing blogs. They call Twitter a micro-blog, but by all definition, Twitter does not deserve to carry the word "blog." Some have abandoned blogging. Exhausted. Discouraged.

What do you think is the future of blogging? Will blogging still look appealing 10 years from now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally I think that blogging will merge with social networking platforms to produce a hybrid which offers more than just static comments posting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a good question, blogging is sort of the new way of the net as you say but eventually something else will take over. I guess we all just have to keep our eyes peeled for what is next!
    - Shandaman
    Join My Blog And Learn To Make Money Today!
    Just subscribe and learn to make money by blogging online!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what makes you think twitter is killing blog? twitter is it's current format is nothing more that a fad. Blog exists and survives, because it's a source of revenue for many.

twitter is a web version of IM, with a twist. twitter will kill blog, like blog will kill myspace. They are two different things, there is not comparison.

Blog has raised to a level of equilibrium, where drastic changes or big evolution is very unlikely from it's current format.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Blog as we know it will die out in a number of years. In some form, online journals have existed for years before they ever became popular, and the second a better medium comes along I'm sure that people will migrate to that instead.