SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First eCommerce site

I've never developed an eCommerce site, but will be soon and was wondering which cart i should go with and why? Right now, I don't have any requirements just looking to learn. How exactly would I test the functions like payment/card verification or do I not have to worry about anything but the design and how everything is placed?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use linkpoint cart linkpointcart.com. They give you a free trial period without having to enter any credit card info and provide you with great customer support. They are reasonable in price also. Many other carts I looked at were really pricey. If you give them a call you could ask about testing payment/card verification. Just make sure you choose a cart before you start creating the site and adding your products. If you call, tell them someone referred you for the price of 10.00 per month, otherwise they may give you a higher price.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really hard to tell which solution is the best one. I'd suggest to clear up your requirements first and select a product type (php/asp, hosted/distributed). Testing cc processors is usually not a big issue, look for features and good services first. Good luck!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd try ZenCart or OS Commerce to start with, they're free and have a huge catalog of tools you can use to customize your shopping cart.
    <snip>
    Want to learn more about processing?
    Check out our E-Commerce Blog