User Tag List

Thread: blogger.com?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blogger.com?

Hello, I am new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this. OK I'm currently using the sitepoint book: build your own website the right way using html and css, and I am now at the adding a blog section. This particular author is using blogger.com, however when in the advanced section it asks for the FTP password, although this is not shown in the book. As I said I am new to this and I was just wary of supplying this information without first finding out if this is necessary and if there were any other examples of blog sites, that do not require you to supply that information.
    Thankyou for any help you may be able to give me.

fleur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurlamie View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this. OK I'm currently using the sitepoint book: build your own website the right way using html and css, and I am now at the adding a blog section. This particular author is using blogger.com, however when in the advanced section it asks for the FTP password, although this is not shown in the book. As I said I am new to this and I was just wary of supplying this information without first finding out if this is necessary and if there were any other examples of blog sites, that do not require you to supply that information.
    Thankyou for any help you may be able to give me.

fleur
    Sorry, your question is not clear. I have not read the book, neither have I used blogger.com. I am not sure what you mean in the "advanced section".

When you register with blogger.com, I am assuming they give the information to setup and FTP account where you can log in to their server to upload files.
    Here is some information about blogger.com ftp setup: Blogger FTP help

You only use FTP if you need to upload files. The password and login information that you will give to login is provided to you blogger.com; so it's safe to give them the password to login. I would assume there is nothing to worry about. If that's what your asking for.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure either... I used Blogger.com for a year but without FTP, my URL was something like me.blogspot.com. I think you use FTP is you use your own domain name, it's one of the Blogger option... isn't it?

Sorry for not being more helpful!
    Correr Es Mi Destino -- 100% Canadian, 100% funny and 100% artsy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On blogger.com, the advanced settings are used so you can put the blog on your own web page, otherwise you would link to it. The FTP password I'm assuming is the password for your website/FTP client..this is why I was wary of supplying the information.