User Tag List

Thread: Reload webpage

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reload webpage

I have a design for my site using tables and an iframe and in the iframe i want to have a page that redirects to test.php and reloads the whole site (not the iframe) is that possible?
    Animated Chatrooms - www.121chatrooms.net

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont mena that my has a navigation on the left and on the right it has a iframe where the content goes and on the content area i got this code print "<META HTTP-EQUIV = 'Refresh' Content = '0; URL =home.php'>";

that only shows inside the iframe page is there anyway i can make it come out of the iframe and load home.php

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what the article I linked explains how to do.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i added the code but instead of clicking for it to change parent:

<a href="javascriptarent.change_parent_url('http://yahoo.com');"> Click here to change parent URL </a>

i want to have a meta refresh to redirect to index.php but no in the frame but in the parent frame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to at least attempt to understand the article and not blindly copy-and-paste things. It's saying to define a function in the parent to do the reloading, and call it through JavaScript in the iframe by accessing parent.function_name.

The only difference in your situation is that you want to call the parent function when the page loads instead of at the click of the link. There are ways to call scripts when a page loads, right? If you don't already know how, Google those words and you'll find the answer immediately. The script to call is parent.change_parent_url...