SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face How to make interactive graphic table header? Expert Advice Needed!

I am trying to design a table image similar to the one on expressionengine.com
    Notice the icon buttons on the blue header table do Not go to a different page. The buttons simply change what's going on inside the table/image.

I want to mimick that, and create a table/image that is independent from the website, so to speak...That just has it's own behaviors, and does not link to other pages.

How did they do it, and how can I?

Thank you so much

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Well this is not achieved using graphics only... you'll need many things starting from graphics, then HTML, CSS and javascript... are you familiar with these?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey DT, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm pretty familiar with html and css. I've designed static sites using dreamweaver and fireworks. I've got the images that I'd like to use for this already. I can do most any simple web design task.

Although I'm a fast learner, and self taught in most areas of web design, I'm not extremely experienced (yet)..so things like javascript are still a bit of a challenge.

I'm just starting to learn about javascript (like yesterday), but I'm grasping it pretty quickly.

any advice you may have regarding the interactive type of image like on expressionengine.com would be a great help. I appreciate your time and expertise!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It uses javascript that's fired "onclick" which shows the appropriate DIV and hides the others by setting them to "display: none;"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for the specifics. I greatly appreciate it