SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My own Template shop

I am a guy who started designing blog templates for my friendsí blogs and then discovered that there is pretty good money in this. I decided to open my online template shop but I still donít know how to manage it because Iíve never had a site of my own. My idea is to also include other designersí works so they can also get their customers there. Can someone recommend me a good website from which I can base my operating mode? Iíve seen the security system that usa.mytino.com is applying but I want to look further ahead. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly enough, this is what I am hoping to develop on my site. However, unlike you it will just be my own designs to show potential customers and sell to anyone else who wants them.

Since you want to include other designer's works and possibly link them to their own websites - I would suggest a free shopping cart system. OScommerce and Zencart are included in most web hosting packages. They also have ways to have "affiliates" which would allow you to link other carts.
    Rexibit Web Services
    Don't just build it - CSS it

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look into Joomla. Its full of free extensions including shopping carts and image galleries which would be perfect for your site.