SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sacrificing design for the greater good?

So I'm working on a site right now called soyouthinkyoucangetit.com. To put it simply, although to do so would be a disservice, its a picture rating site/social network. But thats not whats important...this is...

If you go to our site soyouthinkyoucangetit.com, put in this code to get past the security block: jaR6n5rw@1

Then click on the photos page...me and my designer are at odds about whether or not the middle part looks good enough. I think that the headlining text should match the rest of the site but he says that with a site based on all images he wants to try to keep images like that on font to a minimmum. These are his words...do ya'll agree? I;m just afraid we're sacrificing the site looking its best....

"When you replace text with images, it keeps those portions from being dynamic and that the site is already based around images so just worrying about load times and server stress"
    Last edited by Dmur; Jul 20, 2008 at 14:42. Reason: url removed

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use text as images, but always make sure to have the TITLE attribute of the IMG tag with the textual value of the image. Take a look at the WAI guidelines, the WAI helps for accesibility and SEO.