SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Local bank accounts in foreign countries

Hi - here in Australia, smaller businesses like to pay for goods by transferring money into the bank account owned by the merchant. I presume it's the same in other countries too.

This is fine for local transactions, but doesn't work too well when dealing with merchants in different countries.

And I presume it's pretty hard to open up a local bank account in the country where the customer is.

Is there any international solution that can somehow expose a local bank account number to the customers, one that they can use their familiar means of paying (eg personal bank visit, phone banking, internet banking)?

Jonty

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of one. Utility and insurance bills are about the only thing normal americans might pay by bank transfer. Guess it's a european thing?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see, so businesses would usually have a company credit card to purchase with, or is there some other mechanism they use? Are checks still used much?

Thx for the response Dan

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clients can always send wire transfers to account in any country
    now it all depend where your clients are from, for a lot of countries it is possible to open accounts